1. To the best of the seller’s knowledge this puppy is sound and in good health. It is understood that the puppy is to be taken to a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of the purchase. If the puppy is not examined by a vet of the buyer’s choice within the 72 hours from purchase, this contract is null and void.
2. If the puppy is found to have a genetic disorder by the veterinarian within the first 2 years of the puppy’s life, we will replace the puppy at no cost to the buyer. We provide this warranty for two years after the date of sale against any debilitating congenital defects. In the event the puppy exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital defect, the buyer must supply any requested veterinary records to the seller within seven days of informing the seller of the defect. We have the right to require a second opinion from a veterinarian of the seller’s choice at the seller’s expense.
3. Hypoglycemia, malnutrition, dehydration, and physical exhaustion are not covered under the terms of this contract.
4. You as the owner are required to: give all immunizations (including rabies), check for internal parasites every six months until one year of age, start the puppy on heartworm prevention between four and six months of age.
Please understand that although your puppy has been on a regular worming schedule the stress of the move can bring out conditions that were dormant. These conditions are all treatable and your puppy will just need a little time to adjust to being in his/her new home.
5. For purposes of this agreement, once the puppy leaves the sellers premises, it is under the buyer’s responsibility and the seller is no longer responsible for any veterinary bills. If any treatment is rendered it is at the expense of the buyer.
6. Seller is bound only to the original buyer. No warranties expressed or implied are made under the terms of the contract except as stated above.
I the buyer, agree to take my puppy to a licensed vet within 72 hours of purchase to validate this written contract. I also understand the care instructions and have been provided with sufficient information in regards to the puppy. If for any reason I have a question, I realize I can contact the seller directly. I have read the above contract in full and understand all the terms.